Asphalt is a vital part of our roads, parking lots, and driveways. It is also one of the most recycled products in the world. During asphalt recycling, asphalt shingles are ground up into small pieces that can be used for paving material or filler in asphalt pavements. Asphalt recycling provides an environmentally friendly way to reuse asphalt materials and helps save energy by reducing the need to mine new sources of aggregate.
The benefits do not stop there. Read on to learn more about how asphalt recycling helps you and the environment.
1) Cost Savings – Asphalt recycling saves time and money by reducing the need for mining operations. It also reduces waste by producing a useable product out of what would have been discarded material. Asphalt can be recycled for use in asphalt pavement or alternative uses, such as asphalt roofing shingles.
2) Reduced Emissions – Recycling asphalt pavement means less fuel will need to be used to produce new materials because fewer raw materials are required overall. The reduction in emissions helps maintain cleaner air quality for the region.
3) Environmentally Friendly – As asphalt recycling becomes a more popular option for roadwork, asphalt companies are starting to take on the responsibility of managing asphalt responsibly by separating and collecting recyclable asphalt from other construction debris. In addition to offering its customers cost benefits, an asphalt company can reduce its carbon footprint and meet environmental standards set forth by local municipalities or state governments.
4) Economic Benefits – One of the most notable benefits of asphalt recycling is it helps taxpayers save tax dollars by reusing asphalt that would otherwise be thrown away or repurposed in a landfill. Asphalt recycling can also be used over and over again, many times without losing its quality. This asphalt is recycled into new asphalt products of high quality with no difference in strength compared to the original asphalt.
5) Asphalt Shingles in Asphalt Pavements – Asphalt shingles can be recycled into asphalt pavement via recycling. Like asphalt, asphalt shingles have a lifespan of about 20 years before they need to be replaced. Asphalt shingles contain the same components as asphalt pavement thus they can be recycled for use on driveways and parking lots.
Doctor Asphalt LLC has been providing asphalt paving, mill & overlay, and crack filling services for many years. We have the knowledge and experience to provide you with high-quality paving services that meet your specifications at affordable prices. When it comes to pavement maintenance or new construction in Madison, WI, there is no better choice than Doctor Asphalt. For more information about our services or to get a free quote, get in touch with us today.